Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fun with Bono

I had a blast this week on Wednesday and Thursday at the U2 concerts. (They can call it the Rogers Centre all they want, but you and I know it's Skydome.) I was there (at Bono's invitation) volunteering for Amnesty International, promoting the Demand Dignity campaign with a photo petition (link to follow when I get it together) and petitioning on behalf of Aung San Suu Kyi.

At the climax of the show they sing a song about Aung San Suu Kyi, and at that point, I and about forty other volunteers from Amnesty, One.org, and Canadian Friends of Burma got to walk out on stage wearing Aung San Suu Kyi masks. Woo hoo! Being adored by 50,000 screaming fans is definitely something I could get used to.

We also got to watch the show from the "Red Zone", between the runway and the stage, so from where we were, the band looked like this:








photos by Dawn Michael

No comments:

Twitter